About Bright from the Start
Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning is responsible for meeting the child care and early education needs of Georgia’s children and their families. It administers the nationally recognized Georgia’s Pre-K Program, licenses child care centers and home-based child care, administers Georgia's Childcare and Parent Services (CAPS) program, federal nutrition programs, and manages Quality Rated, Georgia’s community powered child care rating system. The department also houses the Head Start State Collaboration Office, distributes federal funding to enhance the quality and availability of child care, and works collaboratively with Georgia child care resource and referral agencies and organizations throughout the state to enhance early care and education. For more information, visit www.decal.ga.gov.
Jen Talaber Ryan
The Child Care Resource & Referral of Southeast Georgia serves the following counties:
Appling, Bacon, Brantley, Bryan, Bulloch, Burke, Camden, Candler, Charlton, Chatham, Clinch, Columbia, Echols, Effingham, Emanuel, Evans, Glynn, Jeff Davis, Jenkins, Johnson, Laurens, Liberty, Long, McIntosh, Montgomery, Pierce, Richmond, Screven, Tattnall, Toombs, Treutlen, Ware, Wayne and Wheeler
Early Start Child Care Resource & Referral is committed to the promotion of high quality early care and learning in Southeast Georgia through education and collaborative efforts with families, early childhood professionals and members of the community.
All children have access to quality early care and learning opportunities that will provide the foundation for a promising future.
- Parent and Consumer education
- Quality improvement consultations to child care professionals on site or via the telephone
- State approved training opportunities
- Career counseling
- Support and assistance to child care programs seeking Georgia Quality Rated
- Mentoring Projects for family and group child care professionals pairing seasoned professionals with new business owners
- Quarterly Newsletter
Interested in Quality Rated?
Contact us for more information
912.443.5080 or visit the
Quality Rated Website
Quality Rated Application
For Business and Community Partners:
- Source for demographic and statistical information on child care and parent needs
- Conducts seminars and public awareness activities in the community to inform the public about quality child care and child care options
- Fostering community solutions through community agency participation